Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Oatmeal for Dinner, Yum, Yum

Tonight was Orson's first official try at eating non-breastmilk food. We decided to start him out on oatmeal (since Grandma Pat is dead set against rice cereal). I know its a little early but he has stopped sleeping through the night and started showing a real interest in our food, so I thought it was time to give it a try. At first he didn't quite understand that he should open his mouth and instead was trying to slurp the oatmeal off the spoon like soup but just when I was about to give up, he opened his mouth up wide and starting demanding more when he thought I was taking it away. Towards the end he was even trying to do it himself. I guess we have a little eater on our hands. I will probably keep up the oatmeal for the rest of the week and then start trying out other more interesting veggies and fruits....maybe sweet potatoes or carrots next, I wonder what will be in our veggie box this week? Anyways, here are some pictures from the big event:

Yummy, Yummy Oatmeal!

I don't want to sit in my highchair...what are you doing to me?

Well...this kinda works but...

I think I like the silver spoon from Danine and Quincy much better!

I'm getting the hang of this...

Its even easier in Mommy's lap!

In fact, I think I will do it myself.

What a mess


I guess I will take a bath before bed but only if you make me

No comments: