Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Two babies are cuter then one" and other adventures at the Ewalt house

This week Orson and I have started having regular play dates with Lucy. She is 5 days older then Orson and I will be watching her on Mondays and Thursdays until she is at least one! So far they both seem to have tons of fun with each other, and as Lucy gets settled in, I haven't found it to overwhelming to have two little ones in the house. In fact, watching them interact and learn from each other has been very entertaining.

Orson and I also made a trip to the San Fransisco Aquarium with some of the moms and babies from our Wednesday group. The trip went really well and the stories made Matt so jealous that we ended up going again that weekend. All new parents should be given a fish tank on their way out of the hospital, Orson was just in love! Of course, when I had to get new tires later in the week, he was just as enthralled by the men and tires behind the glass at the tire shop, the aquarium was less expensive but just barely :) Unfortunately we couldn't use our flashes inside the aquarium so the pictures came out fuzzy but I think you get the gist from the few below.


I have also been having a hard time finding shoes with soft soles for Orson's hudge feet (he is already in toddler size 4 and most of those come with stiff bottoms for cruising toddlers) so I decided to give making my own a go. These were easily made with felt and suede...next I am going to try sandals.


Orson seemed to like them.


We aslo went to Orson's 4month check up...he is now 28 inches (way above even the 95 percentile) and 17.2 lbs. He also has his first tooth poking out (boy is it sharp), so all in all its been a busy couple of weeks around here.
Lastly, here are a few cute pictures from the last few weeks.

No comments: