Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Baby Shower for a future Super Hero

Our very first couple friends, David and Annie (they met each other at the same time as Matt and I) are having their first baby!  We are so excited to have moved closer to D&A and I am so excited to share motherhood with Annie.  They are going to be amazing parents and to celebrate I planned a baby shower with her best friend from New York.  We decided on a Super Hero theme and ran with it.  The day went great and the dry run that I had the week before (yes my "mommy brain" confused the weekends and I had everything ready to go the week before the shower AND I made Matt and the boys drive all the way across town for no reason, yeah me) made the actual day a whole lot less stressful for me. 

The lovely mom to be


 
and my amazing co-host
 The decorations:
 Carrie found all sorts of cool comic books and posters to place all around


 
And I made Henry a wooden star banner and a superhero mobile for his nursery.  I also found and we a cool nursery rhyme comic book  for them to read to him. 

 Orson loved the yard, other kids and the dogs!!
 and Ferdinand loved all the attention

We also set up a onsie making station
 And for dessert I made some gluten free super hero rice crispy pops and peanut butter cookies, Russian tea cakes/Mexican wedding cookies (I added some almond extract to these, they are my new favorite) and Ice Box cookies rolled in red, yellow and blue sugar crystals.



It was so much fun and I can't wait for Henry to join us.

No comments: