Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The pots in my Life

I realized that I haven't posted a single thing about my garden here in Va. It's not very big and it's back to pots but surprisingly we have had some pretty good production.

Late winter I started a few veggies inside, ordered some pots that would fit on my porch and then counted down the days to spring. I love a variety, so I ended up planting a good mix of flowers, herbs, veggies and fruits. So far the squirrels have beaten us to every strawberry but we have beaten them to a few of the raspberries.  The blueberry bush did not produce this year but it is very small, so maybe next year. The peppers have taken off with the jalapeƱo being the clear winner, and the tomatoes are finally starting to ripen.  The potatoes seem to be doing great and the squashes are starting to bloom. In the front yard, the carrots, onions and leaks are starting to make a show but I think those strawberries aren't going to produce. Back on the back deck, all the herbs are doing great except that not a single rosemary plant survived, I have no idea why!





The best thing looming on the porch? My beautiful boys :)

 Water and sand is a big hit with both :)



I am so excited, my canning equipment just came in this week.  I made my first batch of jam and pickled some of those jalapenos!





No comments: