Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day weekend

We had a great weekend for Father's Day and surprised Matt with a couple of gifts he didn't see coming :) On Friday, Orson and I sat down and made a super cute photo frame out of rocks for Matt to take to work.  Orson picked out all of the rocks (from my craft supplies) and told me where he wanted them put...all I did was write the words and handle the hot glue.  He also "signed" (aka I hold his hand while he writes) the inside of it.  I think it turned out well.  



We also had one of Matt's favorite pictures:


made into a canvas picture at Costco.  It turned out great and now is proudly hanging in our family room.

Saturday we went to Heart's Desire Beach and Indian Beach at Tomales Bay State Park (it shares property with Point Reyes).  The beach is on the bay side and protected from waves (almost warm), so Matt and Orson spent a lot of time in the water while I stayed out of the wind and enjoyed the sunshine.  We also went on a little hike to Indian Beach, one cove over...it was very natural and not over used, so much fun.  





 Hiking (good picture of my 21 week belly)


 Indian Beach:





Matt tripped over Orson on the hike back, Orson melted down, talked mommy into carrying him (something I'm not supose to do anymore), and then laughed at this dad the rest of the way back who was trying to get Orson to let him carry him.


On Sunday we had Cars Pancakes and went out to lunch with our good friends Annie and David that flew in a day early from DC.  David and I worked together on multiple disasters and he met Annie during Katrina just like I met Matt.  We haven't seen them in 4 years and it was great to catch up.  Otherwise we had a lazy Sunday afternoon and lots of quality Dad and Orson time.

In other news the weather has warmed up!  Here are my favorite water babies in the back yard:

No comments: